Have you been looking for the perfect vegan oatmeal raisin cookies? Of course you have! Don’t worry, I’ve got you. This oatmeal cookie recipe makes the absolute BEST oatmeal raisin cookies. These sweet cookies are soft, chewy, spiced perfectly with cinnamon and nutmeg, and full of real butter flavor. All of that while being gluten free and vegan!
While chocolate chip cookies are my favorite kind of cookie, I adore oatmeal raisin. Oatmeal cookies full of juicy raisins are my mom’s favorite cookies and I have fond childhood memories or the sweet aroma filling our home.
There was nothing quite like sitting down to eat a warm oatmeal cookie with a tall glass of cold milk. Fun fact about me: oatmeal rasisin cookies are my favorite kind of cookie to dunk in a glass creamy of milk! Now of course that milk is usually almond or soy.
I like to think of myself as a cookie expert. I am a cookie girl. I love cookies and I love to figure out how to make all the cookies in the world egg-free. I first started because I couldn’t imagine my son (who was diagnosed with an egg allergy a the age of 1, among other food allergies) never eating a REAL cookie. Cookies were just too important too me.
I like to think I get my love of cookies from my dad. When we were little my sisters and I called him the Cookie Monster because he LOVED cookies. I’m the same way. I’m the Cookie Monster Juniorette.
Here are some other egg-free (and vegan!) cookie recipes on my blog, and more will be coming!
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Cinnabon Cookies
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Every recipe on my blog is free from wheat, gluten, eggs, dairy, peanuts, and cashews – and this vegan oatmeal raisin cookie recipe isn’t any different! In fact, these perfect, tasty cookies are vegan and top 10 allergen free!
But you’d never guess it.
Vegan and allergy-friendly cookies can be just as good as the original, and this recipe proves it!
What You Need for Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
(Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me offset the cost of running my site. All opinions are my own and I personally use all products I recommend.)
- Large baking sheet: I like to line mine with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. It makes removal much cleaner and easier!
- Cooling rack
- Mixing bowl or stand mixer
Ingredients for Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Plant butter: I like Country Crock but just use whatever brand you like and prefer.
- Sugar: Both brown sugar and white sugar.
- Vanilla extract: I love pure vanilla extract but you can also use imitation.
- White vinegar: There are quite a few different ways to replace eggs but vinegar is my favorite! The vinegar reacts with the baking soda and gives the recipe the kind of lift you would normally get from eggs. You won’t be able to taste the vinegar!
- Old fashioned oats: Certified gluten free if necessary.
- Gluten free all purpose flour: This King Arthur measure-for-measure flour is my favorite gluten free flour but you can use any cup-for-cup blend you prefer. You can also just use regular all purpose flour if you don’t need gluten free cookies.
- Raisins: I’ve subbed in Craisins before and that’s super good too!
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
You’ll also need 1/4 cup of water – which might seem weird to add water to your cookies but it just replaces some of the moisture you’ll be losing by not adding in eggs. It works. Promise.
How to Make Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Cream: Cream together room temperature vegan butter with the brown sugar, white sugar, water , white vinegar, and vanilla extract. Go slowly. It might look a little weird because the water and vegan butter don’t like to mix together. It will be fine though. It will eventually mix and will mix even further once you add all the dry ingredients. Don’t worry if it looks a little separated or like it isn’t fully incorporating. Just add in your dry ingredients and you’ll be fine.
- Mix: Mix in all the dry ingredients except for the raisins. Mix until incorporated but don’t over mix! Slowly stir in the raisins.
- Form the cookies: The cookie dough is very soft and can’t really be rolled into balls. Just drop spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet. I do approximately 2.5 tablespoons of dough per cookie. These vegan oatmeal cookies don’t spread much since they don’t have eggs, but still be sure to leave a little space between the cookies on the sheet because some do spread more than others.
- Bake: Bake the vegan oatmeal raisin cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow the cookies to cool for 2 to 3 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Other Vegan Dessert Recipes
I love my treats and I just need to share these super yummy vegan dessert recipes with you! Give them a try and let me know what you think! All these recipes are gluten free, vegan, and allergy friendly!
- Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Strawberry Cake
- German Chocolate Cake
- Apple Pie
- Peach Pie
- Coconut Banana Cream Pie
Craving Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies? Get the Recipe in My Free eBook!
Craving more oatmeal cookie recipes like oatmeal chocolate chip? Looking for more vegan dessert recipes? Subscribe below and get my free desserts eBook sent right to your inbox! By subscribing you will never miss another vegan dessert or allergy friendly recipe as all my recipes will be sent to your inbox each week! You can also stay up-to-date by following me on Pinterest and Instagram.Print
(The Best) Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These vegan oatmeal raisin cookies are perfectly, soft, chewy, sweet, and full of real buttery cookie flavor! Satisfy your cookie cravings with these vegan, gluten free, and allergy friendly oatmeal cookies!
- 1 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, certified gluten free if necessary
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free cup-for-cup flour, (I like King Arthur)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the vegan butter, brown sugar, white sugar, water, vinegar, and vanilla. It may look a little separated due to the oils in the vegan butter and the water. This is perfectly normal!
- Add the dry ingredients, except for the raisins, to the butter/sugar mixture. Stir until fully incorporated, being careful to not over mix! Fold in raisins.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a parchment or silicone mat lined cookie sheet. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees.