Vegan chocolate covered strawberries are so easy and simple to make! You only need 2 or 3 ingredients to make these perfectly sweet, chocolaty, and elegant strawberries. They come together in just 20 minutes – plus chilling time. They are perfect for parties, fancy home-cooked dinners, and Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day gifts!
Everyone loves chocolate dipped strawberries. How could you not? Sweet fruit dipped in chocolate is always a good choice. I won’t go as far to say that everything tastes better dipped in chocolate – but it never hurts either!
I make my mother-in-law and sister-in-law chocolate covered strawberries for Mother’s Day every year. They are so yummy and make a beautiful, elegant gift. Wrap them up in a pretty box with a bow and you are good to go!
Never made chocolate covered strawberries before? Not to worry! This step-by-step guide will show you how to make perfect vegan chocolate covered strawberries! You don’t even need a double boiler!
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are Perfect For:
- Dinner parties
- Wedding receptions
- Birthday parties
- Anniversary parties
- Valentine’s Day home dinner dates
- Valentine’s Day gifts
- Mother’s Day gifts
What You Need to Make Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Medium size pot: If you have a double boiler that will work too. I’ve always lived places with small kitchens with limited storage space and have never had room for one. A medium pot with a glass bowl on top works great too!
- Heat-safe glass bowl: You’ll need a size that easily nestles on the top of your pot.
- Baking sheet: A medium to large size baking sheet to place your dipped strawberries on. You’ll also need room in your refrigerator for it!
- Parchment paper: To line your baking sheet with. The strawberries will come off the parchment paper easily so you’ll have great looking strawberries.
Ingredients Needed for Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- Fresh strawberries: The fresher the better! Get the freshest, reddest strawberries you can find.
- Vegan chocolate chips: Any brand will work. I love the Nestle Allergen Free chocolate chips. I have no affiliation with them – just love their product. I’ve tried many dairy-free chocolate chip brands over the years and they are my favorite. They’re free from all top food allergens so you don’t have to worry about any sneaky ingredients. Ghiradelli’s semi-sweet chocolate chips used to be dairy-free but now contains milk – such a shame because Ghiradelli’s chocolate chips make amazing chocolate covered strawberries!
- Coconut oil: I love adding a little fat to the chocolate. I think it makes it so smooth and creamy. If you have a coconut allergy then feel free to just omit the coconut oil. But if not, then I highly recommend the coconut oil!
Dipped Strawberry Variations
Are you looking to elevate your chocolate strawberries even more? There are so many different options! Feel free to dip your strawberries in any of these fun choices. Just dip the strawberries in melted chocolate first.
- Shredded Coconut
- Crushed nuts (pistachios, almonds, walnuts, pecans)
- Vegan white chocolate
- Vegan mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate shavings
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Wash the strawberries. After washing the strawberries, set them out to dry. The strawberries need to be COMPLETELY dry for the chocolate to coat them properly. I lay my washed strawberries out on dish towel for a coupe hours to dry – out of sight of my kids or they strawberries will be gone before they are dry. You can also gently dry them with a towel to speed up the process. Just use a dark colored towel as this can stain your dish towels.
- Prepare your baking sheet. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place it where you’ll be dipping the strawberries in chocolate.
- Build your double boiler. You don’t need an actual double boiler to properly melt chocolate. It’s easy to make your own! Fill a medium size pot with a small amount of water. Place a heat proof glass bowl on top of the pot and set the whole thing over the stove to boil. Add the chocolate chips to the glass bowl and stir until melted. Remove from heat and give it another stir.
- Dip the strawberries. Carefully dip strawberries into the melted chocolate. You can also use a spoon to pour chocolate over the strawberry. If you are using any fun additional toppings you can add those to the strawberries here. Once the chocolate is coated in chocolate, lay it on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strawberries.
- Chill to harden the chocolate. Place the baking sheet in the fridge to harden the chocolate. Chilling the chocolate covered strawberries will help speed up the process. It can take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours to completely harden.
- Eat, gift, or both!
Other Chocolate Recipes
Interested in other chocolate recipes? Try out these other chocolate recipes – they are all vegan, dairy-free, and allergy-friendly!
- Chocolate chip cookies
- German chocolate cake
- Chocolate chip muffins
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Frequently Asked QuestionsPrint
Easy Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Easy vegan chocolate covered strawberries are the perfect easy special treat! They are perfect for both Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 lb strawberries
- 5 oz vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, optional
- Wash strawberries, set out to dry. Make sure strawberries are completely dry before dipping in chocolate.
- Fill a pot with a few inches of water and set it over the stove on low heat. Place a glass bowl over the pot.
- Add the vegan chocolate chips and the coconut oil to the glass bowl. Heat to melt while stirring.
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, dip the strawberries into the bowl and cover with the chocolate.
- Set the strawberries out on wax paper. Chill the strawberries in the refrigerator until chocolate is set, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Serving Size: 20
- Calories: 54 calories
- Fat: 3.2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 5.8 grams
- Protein: 0 grams
Keywords: vegan chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered strawberries
One More Thing!
Never miss a recipe! Stay up-to-date on all my allergy-friendly recipes by following me on Pinterest and Instagram, or by signing up below to get recipes sent right to your inbox!