These vegan chocolate chip muffins are about to become your best friend. They are soooo tasty and incredibly easy. They are simple, sweet, and satisfying. They remind me of the fluffy chocolate chip muffins you’d find at your favorite bakery!
We make muffins quite often, which means I typically like to make healthy muffins I feel good about feeding to me kids. We love these Gluten-Free Banana Muffins and these Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins, which are both healthy, but delicious choices! Occasionally though, I’ll bake some muffins up as a sweet treat. When I do, I almost always make these yummy chocolate chip muffins. My husband and kids (and myself!) absolutely love these! I’m always amazed how quickly they disappear after they come out of the oven.
These muffins are perfect for those with food allergies or who are gluten intolerant. These easy vegan chocolate chip muffins are:
- Wheat free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Peanut free
- Tree nut free
- Top 8 allergen free
Just about everyone should be able to enjoy this tasty treat!
When my oldest son turned one we discovered he had several food allergies. He was allergic to wheat, eggs, dairy, peanuts, and cashews. I had a hard time learning to cook for him and an even harder time finding recipes that met ALL of his dietary restrictions. Talk about frustrating!
This is the whole reason I started this blog! If you are like I was, and tired of searching through hundreds of recipes looking for something you are a loved one can eat, then head on over to my Recipe Index to check out all of my allergy friendly recipes.
Every recipe on my blog is free from wheat, gluten, eggs, dairy, peanuts and cashews – and many are also vegan and top 8 allergen free!
What You Need for Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
No special equipment is needed for these muffins! You just need the standard mixing bowls and measuring cups and spoons.
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
I try to keep ingredients as simple as possible. And that is true of these muffins too. If you do gluten-free baking then you will probably already have all the ingredients you need. If you are new to it, then you will probably need to pick up a couple things, but you will probably find you already have most of the ingredients!
- Gluten-free flour blend: Your favorite cup-for-cup all purpose blend. I use King Arthur but any brand should work just fine. Alternatively you can just use regular all purpose flour if gluten free isn’t a concern to you! Substitute 1:1.
- Oat flour: You can purchase oat flour or make some yourself. To make your own oat flour you can grind oats up in a blender or food processor.
- Arrowroot powder: Alternatively you can use cornstarch or tapioca flour instead. Just substitute it right in. No need to change the amount.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- White sugar
- Coconut oil
- White vinegar: The vinegar reacts with the baking soda and is a great substitute for eggs. The reaction makes your baked goods nice and fluffy!
- Applesauce: I use unsweetened since these muffins are already sweet.
- Plant milk: Almond milk is my favorite plant milk to bake with. However, you can use absolutely any kind of plant milk.
- Vanilla extract:
- Chocolate chips: Dairy free if necessary.
While there are a lot of ingredients, all of them are pretty standard for baking. It just takes a lot of ingredients to make them gluten-free and vegan! The gluten-free flour, oat flour, and arrowroot replace typical all-purpose flour. And the applesauce, vinegar, and extra baking powder replace the eggs.
Other Sweet Treats You’ll Love
Try these yummy vegan treats the next time you are craving something warm and yummy from the oven! All these tasty treats are free from wheat, gluten, dairy, eggs, and peanuts!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Carrot Cake
- German Chocolate Cake
Get Even More Dessert Recipes With My Free eBook!
Want more delicious vegan treat recipes? Get my FREE desserts eBook with 10 gluten free and vegan desserts by signing up below! By subscribing you’ll never miss another recipe, as all of my allergy-friendly recipes will be sent right to your inbox! You can also stay up-to-date with all my recipes by following me on Pinterest and Instagram.Print
Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
These vegan chocolate chip muffins are sweet, fluffy, and delicious! Not to mention they are super simple and it’s so easy to whip up a big batch. These muffins are vegan, gluten free, nut free, and allergy friendly!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup Gluten free all purpose flour blend
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: gluten free flour, oat flour, arrowroot, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix to combine.
- Add applesauce, almond milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and vinegar. Mix until just incorporated. Stir in dairy free chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Fill each muffin cup. Bake for 18 minutes.
- Calories: 330
Keywords: Chocolate chip, Muffin
If you tried this recipe and love it please give it a rating! Rating my recipes helps them to show up in Google search for others to find, which makes it possible for me to keep bringing you delicious allergy-friendly recipes like this one! Thank you!