Seasoned red potatoes. Simple, easy, and full of flavor. Crispy on the outside. Soft and tender on the inside. Yes please! I’ll take them. These perfectly seasoned and roasted potatoes are exactly what I want for dinner.
Roasted potatoes are my favorite kind of potato. They’re almost like french fries but even better. Roasting potatoes gives them the comfort food flavor of fries yet retains more of the nutrition and doesn’t weigh you done. These potatoes, and all vegetables, take on a comfort food persona when roasted. These masquerading little vegetables are the perfect dish when you’re craving something hot, crispy, and comforting.
Do you love roasted vegetables too? Try these Roasted Beets and Carrots!
These seasoned red potatoes are perfect for:
- A cozy weeknight meal
- Holiday dinners such as Thanksgiving and Christmas
- A lightened up alternative to french fries
- Picky eaters
- Large family Sunday dinners
- A fancy home-cooked steak dinner – perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- A tasty allergy-friendly side dish
These perfect potatoes will never lead you down the wrong path. They’re perfect for anyone and any occasion!
Just like all my recipes, this recipe is completely allergy-friendly.
All my recipes are free from:
Plus, these potatoes are also free from all top 10 food allergens. They really are perfect. They’re gluten-free and there aren’t any sneaky dairy products like seasoning mixes or Parmesan cheese in these potatoes! These potatoes are so full of flavor you don’t need the cheese!
What You Need for Seasoned Red Potatoes
- A large baking sheet: I use a large sheet pan but if you could also use two smaller baking sheets. You just want the potatoes to have enough room to cook without being crowded.
- Mixing bowl: Mix your oil and spices together and toss the mixture with the potatoes in a large bowl.
- Metal spatula: Perfect for removing your potatoes from the baking sheet after roasting.
- Parchment paper: This one is optional but it’s much easier to remove the potatoes from the baking sheet if it’s lined with parchment paper. If you don’t have any parchment paper it’s totally fine! Just spray the baking sheet with some non-stick spray first. Even though the potatoes are coated in oil they will stick a little to the pan!
Ingredients Needed for Seasoned Red Potatoes
- Red potatoes: You can also use Yukon Gold or even a normal Russet potato.
- Olive oil: Extra virgin or not. Either is fine.
- Spices: Seasoning salt, parsley, black pepper, garlic powder, and sage.
I used to always make my seasoned potatoes with regular salt instead of seasoning salt until I discovered my mother-in-law used seasoning salt in hers. I love the flavor the seasoning salt gives to these red potatoes but feel free to use regular salt if that’s what you have!
How to Roast Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. I think this is the perfect temperature for any kind of roasted vegetable! They get golden and crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. Exactly what we want in a potato!
- Prepare your pan. Either spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Prepare the potatoes. Wash the potatoes and dry them thoroughly. The potatoes need to be completely dry to crisp up properly. No need to peel the potatoes unless you want to. I always leave the skin on my red potatoes. Chop the potatoes into large chunks.
- Mix the oil and spices. I mix them together in a fairly large bowl so I can just use the same bowl to toss the potatoes with the oil. It saves a dish from being dirtied. I’m all about dirtying as few dishes as possible!
- Toss the potatoes with the oil and arrange on the pan. Give the potatoes plenty of breathing room! Don’t crowd them together trying to fit them all on one sheet if they don’t fit. I may be all about using as few dishes as possible, but I’m also about giving vegetables plenty of room to breathe and roast. I promise this makes a difference in your seasoned red potatoes. If you crowd the potato chunks together on the pan they will steam instead of roast. No golden, crispy potato!
- Bake. These potatoes will take about 30 minutes to roast.
What to Serve with Roasted Red Potatoes
These tasty potatoes are the perfect side dish for any meal! They pair perfectly with just about any meal. Here are some ideas!
Craving More Vegetables?
Need some more delicious (and allergy-friendly) vegetable dishes? Give these tasty recipes a try!
- Cucumber Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Maple Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
- Roasted Corn and Sweet Potato Tacos
- Lemon Garlic Steamed Artichoke
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- Roasted Beets and Carrots
Roasted and Seasoned Red Potatoes
These seasoned red potatoes are flavored and roasted perfectly. Full of flavor with a crispy exterior and a tender center.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp sage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wash potatoes and dry thoroughly. Potatoes should be completely dry! Chop potatoes into medium-large pieces. *See photos for reference*
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, seasoning salt, parsley, black pepper, garlic powder, and sage. Add the potato chunks and toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Don’t crowd potatoes! Give them plenty of space to breathe. Use two baking sheets if necesssary.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Calories: 152 calories
- Fat: 4.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 26.6 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: seasoned red potatoes, roasted potatoes, red potatoes, potatoes