Delicious oven chicken fajitas are ready in no time at all with this easy fajita recipe! These chicken fajitas are marinaded in an easy, tasty mix of lemon juice, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder and then cooked on a sheet pan and baked in the oven for extra ease.
This gluten free fajita recipe is so versatile and can be served as a low carb, whole 30, or paleo meal – just skip the tortillas. No matter which way you serve it, this easy chicken fajita recipe is a healthy, nourishing dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Cook these chicken fajitas alongside sheet pan steak fajitas for options everyone will love!
Tacos and fajitas both make perfect allergy-friendly meals – as long as you opt for corn tortillas and you skip the cheese! These oven chicken fajitas aren’t any different! They are:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Soy free
- Top 8 allergen free
Here’s how you can keep your fajitas gluten free:
- Serve the fajita chicken and peppers in a corn tortilla rather than flour tortilla
- Skip the tortilla and eat on top of rice
- Make it a lettuce wrap or a fajita taco salad
- Add toppings (tomato, avocado, salsa) and eat as a fajita bowl!
What You Need to Make Oven Chicken Fajitas
(Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me offset the cost of running my site. All opinions are my own and I personally use all products I recommend.)
- Large sheet pan: I like large half sheet pans rather than quarter sheet. I can’t find the exact one I have, but this one looks great and has great reviews. I like to line my sheet pan with parchment paper. Alternatively you may spray the baking sheet lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Citrus juicer: I have this one and I love it! It makes juicing lemons so much easier. If you don’t have an electric juicer you can also use a handheld one or just cut the lemon in half and squeeze!
- Chicken breast: Sliced into strips. You can also use chicken tenderloins.
- Onion: Any color. I like red or yellow onion but it doesn’t really matter which you use.
- Bell peppers: Again, any color! I prefer colored peppers to green, but I do love the green too! I typically choose two different colors.
- White vinegar
- Lemons: You’ll juice the lemons and use the juice in the marinade! Lemons compliment fajitas perfectly. I’ve never tried this with bottled lemon juice before but I’m sure it would work in a pinch!
- Olive Oil
- Spices: Cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Oven Chicken Fajita
- Slice: Slice the chicken breast into fajita style strips. Do the same with the peppers and onion The peppers and onion you can return to the fridge for the time being. Add the chicken fajita strips to a large bowl.
- Marinate: Mix the fajita marinade ingredients together. Add it to the chicken and stir to coat. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes – or longer if you want! A longer marinating time means more flavor! You can marinate the chicken for 3 to 4 hours if you choose.
- Prepare: Prepare the sheet pan by spraying lightly with non-stick cooking spray or by lining with parchment paper. Drain the marinade from the chicken strips. Add the peppers and onion to the chicken. Mix in the olive oil and ensure all the chicken, peppers, and onion slices are coated. Arrange the fajita mix onto the prepared sheet pan.
- Cook: Cook the chicken at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
What to Serve with Fajitas
There are so many delicious foods that go with oven chicken fajitas! Try these yummy options for a complete and mouth-watering meal!
- Mexican or white rice
- Cucumber Avocado and Tomato Salad
- Guacamole and chips
- Pinto or black beans
One More Thing! Get My Free eBook!
Craving more good food? Looking for mouth-watering dessert recipes? Subscribe below and get my free desserts eBook sent right to your inbox! By subscribing you will never miss another gluten free, vegan dessert or allergy friendly recipe as all my recipes will be sent to your inbox each week! You can also stay up-to-date by following me on Pinterest and Instagram.Print
Oven Chicken Fajitas
Oven Chicken Fajitas are perfect when you need a quick and easy dinner idea! These chicken fajitas are healthy and delicious making it a big win all around! Gluten free, dairy free, and allergy friendly!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Marinade Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 20 oz chicken breast, sliced in strips
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Slice chicken, peppers, and onion into thin fajita strips.
- In a large bowl, prepare the marinade. Mix together the vinegar, lemon juice, and spices. Add in chicken breast strips and stir to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or longer if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a sheet pan by spraying it lightly with nonstick cooking spray, or by lining with parchment paper.
- Drain marinade from the chicken strips. Add pepper and onion slices to chicken. Mix in olive oil and turn to coat completely. Arrange fajita mixture on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes pr until chicken is completely cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve in tortillas or on top of rice.
- Serving Size: 1/5th of recipe
- Calories: 201
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6 grams
- Protein: 36 grams
Keywords: oven chicken fajitas, sheet pan fajitas, chicken fajitas, fajita recipe