Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are the PERFECT chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies. Perfectly soft, chewy, and chocolaty. And they’re free from all top 8 food allergens!
- Prep Time: 18 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup palm oil shortening (or equivalent shortening)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, vegan butter, and water. Mix until water is fully incorporated. Add in white sugar, brown, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix gently.
- In a separate bowl, mix together gluten-free all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to sugar mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips. Form into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Gently press down on cookies to flatten. Bake for 12 minutes.
Keywords: vegan chewy chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookies, cookies